Pages

Sunday 21 October 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Rugby

The Rugby World Cup is finally over and I'm happy to see South Africa as the winners. I think they deserved it.

For those of you who didn't know - I was born in England and moved to NZ, with my family, when I was 15. I would never have heard the end of it from my Dad if if England had won, not to mention the teasing from some of you bloggers...you know who you are!

Fingers crossed the All Blacks can deliver in four years time when the tournament will be held in New Zealand. Woohoo! I better start saving for my ticket now.

I do have some happy Rugby news to share, my Auckland boys won the Air NZ Cup last night (national, provincial championship) and a couple of weeks ago they won NZ's most coveted Rugby prize - Ranfurly Shield. Yay, a couple of prizes to display in the trophy cabinet until next season.

So, that's the end of the rugby until next year. I'm having withdrawal symptoms already.

Love KB
x

3 comments:

  1. Yeh I think it is very good for South Africa that they won. I better learn more about rugby for the big event in 4 years time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not so much that SA deserved it as that Emgland didn't. they played a shoddy game against a ream that doesn't forgive mistakes.

    Well done Auckland (Leeds Rhino's won the challenge cup in the UK as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you have plenty of time marja.

    Yeah, can't wait for the next season Missy.

    *bites tongue* England didn't deserve to win Toadee, they were just lucky.

    *runs away giggling*

    ReplyDelete