Pages

Friday 2 November 2007

A Drop Of Culture



Our first day in London was a busy one. The weather was great...GASP. We decided to toddle over to the Natural History Museum for a look see.

Hubby and I both love museums but we shouldn't really visit together, (I'm sure he will agree with me here). I wander around aimlessly looking at the displays, playing with all the gadgets and having the occasional read if I find something interesting. Hubby, on the other hand, has to read EVERY WORD. I remember one such outing where I had been around a whole section of a museum and he was still in the corridor. This would be a typical conversation.

Me - OMG, are you still back here? My feet are killing me, can we go now?

Him - Why don't you read more of the info Karen?

Me - I don't have to, you'll tell me all the good bits.

Him *raises eyebrows and walks off*

Hehe.
The museum was great and well worth a look if you're in the neighbourhood.

We took Grace and a couple of her friends out in the evening. Hubby visits Grace once a month and she usually spends the whole time eating, as Dad is paying. OMG that girl can eat! We enjoyed our steaks while being entertained by a street fight. Four men, who had obviously been drinking, decided to jump out of their cars and pound each others faces. Disturbing yet fascinating to watch.

Headed over to the pub after dinner to watch England play in the World Cup. I never thought I'd be over in England watching them in the semis. I thought I'd be watching NZ and gloating. Serves me right I guess.

All in all, a wonderful day.

Love KB
x

7 comments:

  1. Never been to London, would love to, some day.
    Your story about the museum visit was so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry a street fight was the best entertainment we could lay on at short notice.

    I can totally understand your museum approach, I take a very child like approach too hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a beautiful building KB. I went too London once loved it. I love museums My Hubby is the opposite from yours He is a culture barbar (donno if this is a good translation) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never in London; I hope to visit this place ever. It is not so far from where I live.
    Great information; thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments my friends. I'm slowly catching up on them all.

    ReplyDelete