Pages

Saturday 1 March 2008

THREE MEN AND A BABY





I spent most of my Christmas holidays with hubby, our good friend (Andrew), his son-in-law (Nik), and Nik’s baby (Athena).

I had some beautiful pics of the wee angel but unfortunately they were lost when my camera broke. I’ve retrieved a few from hubby’s camera.

I loved having the baby with us. She took quite a shine to me and followed me around and cuddle me all the time.

I’d wake at 7am to the sound of her little hands knocking on the caravan door. “Hello, hello”, she would say as she knocked. Not so adorable when 7am is practically the middle of the night for me, hehe.

The MEN decided to buy her a paddling pool. The box read, “Easy, 5 minute assemble”. Ninety minutes later…they were still struggling.

A pilot, an artist and a business owner - three grown, very successful men standing around a tiny paddling pool, scratching their heads. Oh, I laughed until I thought my sides would burst.

They eventually figured it out and Athena and I spent many hours splashing around.

The men consoled themselves by building a fire, chopping wood and numerous other manly activities. Grunt, grunt.

10 comments:

  1. That baby is just so precious!
    Oh and the reason it took the MEN so long with the paddling pool was because they refused to read the directions!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They never do, LW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a cutie pie KB. These man let the baby wait so long for the paddling pool. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ` Maybe they're just dyslexic & too proud to admit it?

    (Okay, that was inventive all right!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute these pictures. Thanks for showing us these beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they say children have no fear
    that really must be true
    I don't think there's any one else who would dare to wake up you!

    You do realise that we men don't get things wrong or get confused we merely investigate alternative methods of completing a task and sometimes our research can be lengthly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you too Missy. Thank you for being my conscience but I don't need one really.

    *polishes halo*

    Thanks Marja.

    Very good SEE.

    Toadee, you know me too well my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have suddenly realised why it took so long to sort out the paddling pool.

    The artist was to busy appreciating it's asthetic qualities, the business owner was busy working out whether there would be a viable return for his effort and the pilot, well he got everything sorted and ready then expected the autopilot to do the boring bits.

    ReplyDelete