Pages

Friday 9 May 2008

FLASH 55 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

My friend, MISSY, has been encouraging me to join the FLASH 55 club. Every Friday, we write a story with 55 words. It's a lot harder than it sounds actually. My first draft was 140 words, eek! This is my first 55 EVER, so please be gentle!





Childhood memories...
presents, cake, candles, pass the parcel,
hair ribbons, scraped knees.
Today, the cake remains, candles increase,
props assembled for more mature games.

Searching for the girl I used to be.
Is she hidden behind the lines on my face?
Put a smile back on your dial girl.
THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

13 comments:

  1. great 55! very good for your first. i am only on #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent first 55! *trying not to be intrigued by the "more mature games"* *innocent* Encouraging message there. Nice work! (And welcome to the group!)

    -smarmoofus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you succeeded in this. I know now that you can count to 55, blondes are really smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the 55ers! Nicely done and nice to see a fellow Heliumite participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KB...
    Thanks for playing...
    You did a WONDERFULL job with your first effort..
    I've seen you over at Missy's and Morgies, you seem very talented and loads of fun!!!
    Please do this every week!
    Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your first 55, it's good fun isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good 55. Harder than it looks, huh? Nice to see you.
    Donnetta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, KB: I actually left a comment earlier, but blogger didn't accept it for some reason. Maybe my computer is haunted. Good first 55. Enjoyed it. My 55 is up also!
    Donnetta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never under-estimate yourself girl! This is brilliant. I look forward to reading more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done girl May many more good ones follow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, thanks so much for the wonderful comments. I'll visit with you all when I return from my holiday.

    Love
    KB
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's really good (and you say you can't write well!)

    I really should get back to doing 55's.

    Glad you've joined, although it's more competition for me lol

    ReplyDelete