Pages

Thursday 26 June 2008

HOLIDAY TIME - THREE DAYS AT SEA

Hubby and I left Auckland for warmer shores on the Pacific Sun.










Our first night was fantastic. We found our bearings on the ship (in other words-the bar).




Dinner seating was assigned for the whole trip. We spent the first evening meal with two couples from Sydney. By the second night, another couple (also from Sydney) decided to move from their assigned table to join us. By this stage, I realised that by adding but to the end of every sentence, I'd be fluent in Australian in no time. I must say, I couldn't have asked for a more fun group of people to dine with.






The second night wasn't as much fun. Me thinks the 'SEVERE WEATHER' warning had something to do with this. However, I am thankful for this as I learned the following:

THINGS NOT TO ATTEMPT IN A FIVE METRE SWELL!






Shave legs in cramped shower cubicle - ouch

Apply mascara - mascara deposits in freshly washed hair - very unattractive

Dance - tis hard to dance with partner when you sway to opposite ends of the dance floor

Drink copious amounts of red wine after taking sea sickness tablet - falling asleep at inappropriate times expected




By the third day, I decided to accept the fact the sea was too rough for me. I made the best of it, tucked myself up in bed with a pizza, half a bottle of red and a couple of movies.




KB'S EMPTIES?




More to come tomorrow

Night all
xxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Love the dress and glad ya had a great time. Always good ta hear about your trips. makes me eager to try one........although not on a ship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the dress but I don't think the colour would suit you hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. apart from the unpredictable sea, looks like you had a good time. you looked so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back. I missed you! Sounds like you had a great time, but then you always seem to have a great time when red wine is involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your capacity to holiday\drink\communicate with Australians never ceases to amaze me. Not sure about Pizza,wine, rough sea combination though lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like great fun. Except for the seasickness. I have horrible memories about that one.
    Looks if you could swim in that glas of beer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments, have missed you guys x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...life on the Good Ship Riley, eh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. ` Ha ha! Do you really get seasick? Then again, your boat rocks. Literally! It must be quite small.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SEE - I don't usually but the sea was very rough

    ReplyDelete