Pages

Wednesday 20 August 2008

BOOBS ON BIKES

Today is Auckland's Boobs on Bikes parade. Apparently, there will be about 30 topless women on bikes. There has been a huge fuss about it in the media. Opponents to the parade suggest it's tasteless and offensive. The 80,000 people who attended last year would probably say otherwise.

Some objections have been; "I don't want my children to see it" and "I don't want to see women's breasts in public". In my opinion...if you don't want to see the breasts, stay away from the city today - it's only for one day people. If you don't want your children to see the parade - keep them away and shouldn't they be at school anyway?

I can't say the idea of riding a bike topless in the middle of winter appeals to me but if women want to do it, I don't have a problem with it.

The women are baring their breasts because they want to, I don't see this as exploitation as some people have suggested. If they were being paid to do it, to put food on the table, I would look at it differently but they are doing it for fun.

Why don't these protesters direct their energy towards doing something about helping the homeless on Auckland's streets or some other worthwhile cause? For goodness sake they are just breasts people - half of us have them and we have all seen them before. If you don't like it...stay away...simple as that.

15 comments:

  1. You knew I'd comment on this no doubt.

    Boobs on bikes eh? Heh heh, where to start...?

    You don't mention why, KB; for what purpose is this hooterfest?
    I have to admit, I can't see the point myself - other than exhibitionism - especially as you say, in the middle of winter (least the nips'll be hard - and you know what they say - it's all about the nips!)
    Frankly I'd be more offended at the amount of shitebox Harleys there'll be - coz everyone knows they're not real motorbikes!

    Anyway, you get 'em out ladies; out and proud. Go in and get some pics, KB. I'll judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. show them ta me
    show then ta me
    unclasp ya bra and set those puppies free,
    Ya look a whole lot better without that sweater.....


    Well girl ta each there own...
    I have seen women in malls that should be banned for wearing clothes too small....... but no says boo.although a few do actually throw up.......

    Go figure!
    Have a great day......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see this parade. Can you take pictures for me?I don't know if it is a good idea to post them in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. M - Yeah, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist commenting on two of your favourite topics *giggles*

    I have no idea what the hooterfest is in aid of. I think it's just an excuse to get the said hooters out.

    All about the nips? Where have I heard that before?

    I didn't take any pics. There was a crowd of 100,000 today so I thought I'd give it a miss. The adverse publicity obviously didn't do any harm, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve - show em, show em, show em. I love that clip :)

    Is that why you wear your sunnies in the mall? Checking out the small clothing aye?

    Have a great night...

    Erik - Funny you should mention that. There was a pic I was going to load with this post but I didn't because I thought YOU would be offended. I'll know better next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. just one question karen.

    Which half of us has them I've checked left and right and I'm not exactly well endowed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm more of a leg man actually. I love chicks' legs...and all they stand for (no pun intended).

    But...y'know...I wouldn't turn down a fair set of jugs. But again, it's all about the nips. A hooter without a nip is like a bun without a cherry on top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forget about Erik...
    Pics Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We need to support this Great Cause!!!...ASAP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all for it but...............
    When some male takes advantage of one of these, the woman will scream like an innocent child. You just can't have it all ways!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Toadee - Hope you weren't checking them out in the library.

    M - A leg man, I never would have guessed. Been hovering around any supermartkets lately?

    Missy - I was thinking the same thing girl. MEN!!!!!!!!

    G - I can't think of anything for my 55...help!

    Dickie - Just cause women have their boobs out doesn't mean they don't have the right to complain if someone takes advantage. Some women find it freeing to let loose, as it were and some men take it as a sign that they are easy pickings. Sad the way men and women think differently about things...no wonder it leads to trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Supermarkets? Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  12. M - Long legs, tat on ankle...ringing any bells?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read this reply and at first thought, "what's she talkin about?"

    Then...gasp! Shit yeah, the tat...oooh, the legs.

    With ye now. Haven't seen their equal since.

    But yeah, such a leg man. Calves, ankles. Long, slender, lithe.
    Git down boy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you would be surprised at what people do in libraries (well maybe you wouldn't, we both know some very naughty librarians hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  15. M - The penny drops :)

    Tim - She's behaving herself these days y'know...has herself a new fella and she's not sharing (for a change) LMAO!

    ReplyDelete