Pages

Friday 29 August 2008

FLASH 55

Last month I posted a snippet from a story I'd been working on.


The following installment is my 55 for this week:


She reaches out for him, as she sighs in her dreams. Her beautiful face appears peaceful in sleep. It's difficult to comprehend that this innocent looking woman before him, is the bravest soul he's ever met. She fights the demons willingly at his side but he longs to give her the normal life she deserves.

STORY TIME WITH KB

Press play and I'll read my story to you.




Oh that was so much fun. When I played it back I thought I read it too quickly, I'll take it slower next time. Me thinks I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. I love writing but my punctuation and spelling are a work in process, reading my stories will be so much easier. Just think about all the mischief I can get up to talking about people (who don't have sound cards) behind their backs. Just kidding G...I'll always include the written version :)


A special thank you to He often reads his poetry to us using the same technique as above. Thanks for the info on how to go about it x




Flash Fiction - Every Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you want to join in the fun and games and give it a try...post your story and report to the boss - . If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx


I'm finding it a tad tricky to fit what I have so far into my 55s, I'll post a few longer installments next week.

14 comments:

  1. omgosh that's fantastic karen! i lurves the kiwi accent hehehe hmmm i should try this sometime, BUT like i've said in my many meme's, i sound like a child. LOL i haven't gotten my 55 up yet cuz it's only 6:13p.m. thurs here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah very intiguing. That raises so much question. The beginning of a marvelous story. Good stuff
    How's life is it cold on your island too. One week to spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry ta disappoint ya but ya Not Blonde anymore ya brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh... love the accent. And the story. Missy's right... you do have a sexy voice.

    My heroine isn't quite so busy this week as she was last, but I had to get her from A to B somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You clever sod! Brill.
    Sound nuthin' like I imagined. I expected something similar to....say...Jack Hawkins?

    ReplyDelete
  6. KAREN!!!!!!!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Your so mean to me at times!!!

    I loved the 55...
    I'll have to go to another PC I guess...
    Have a Great Week-End...G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh! I love the audio! That's brilliant! I really love that kiwi accent of yours. I think it's my favorite native-English accent.

    Oh, also, intriguing 55 (or longer story). Rich emotion in there.

    -smarmoofus

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. KB! you sound so good! I love your voice!

    Wow! the ghost is in love with her? That is so interesting! can't wait to hear what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, that's brilliant - just make sure you DO continue it. I've just posted another 'talkie' myself. Fun isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comments. I'll visit you all when I return from my trip xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scary stuff. Wondered why KB was faster today, ain't imagination a wonderful thing? She's gonna delete this I'm sure. Couldn't be with a better chick, even in my dreams.
    Go Sheila, go!
    Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hubby - you've finally lost it :)

    ReplyDelete