Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2008

TIME FOR A RAMBLE

I knew it!





You Should Be a Romance Novelist



You see the world as it should be, and this goes double for all matters of the heart.

You can find the romance in any situation, and you would make a talented romance story writer...

And while you may be a traditional romantic, you're just as likely to be drawn to quirky or dark love stories.

As long as it deals with infatuation, heartbreak, and soulmates - you could write it.



YES, I'VE BEEN READING THE SANITARY PAD STICKERS AGAIN

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing... I am right-handed but recently sliced off a little bit of my left pinkie finger. Yikes, I never realised how much I relied on my little finger for typing - nightmare!

MORE USELESS FACTS

The average person spends two years on the phone in his/her lifetime...These people have obviously never seen my phone bill!

IN OTHER NEWS

Blogger is driving me batty at the moment. For the last couple of days, when I try to answer comments or post, my laptop locks up for several minutes. Is anyone else having trouble?

STILL MORE NEWS

The All Blacks kicked Australia's butts in the rugby last weekend. Loved every minute of it and happy danced my way through the rest of the weekend.

I have lots to update but I am so fed up with waiting to post (patience is NOT a virtue of mine) I'm giving up for now and will try again tomorrow.

Later gators
xxxxxxx

10 comments:

  1. Speaking of left/right hands:

    You know why they drive on the left in the UK? Well...

    People in the old days were predominately right handed. And so one would wear one's sword on the left of one's body to facilitate a quick defensive draw as it were.
    Therefore people would walk on the left so they were in the perfect defensive position.
    And this just stuck.

    True story, KB.

    2nd:
    Salutes:

    As well as being a act of submissive respect to one's superiors, (and why the much slacker American way defeats the purpose) the "open hand" (as in the British way) is to show the "salutee" that the saluter has no weapon in his hand and therefore poses no threat.

    Another true story. (I have no evidence for this, mind ye, but still...think about it, why else would it be so?)

    Should really have kept this for an article...ah well, you can have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M - The knowledge you have about things astounds me. I'm being serious for a change too. Post it, I'll read it again :)

    Missy - I see blogger is scheduled for maintenence today so hopefully this will help. Don't tell anyone but you are one of my favourite Americans X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one of my favs too, Missy. But the Yankee salute IS very sloppy at times. And they show the edge of the hand not the palm. Anyway...hope you're well, mate.

    KB:
    There used to be this amazing magazine which dealt with all sorts of minutiae like this.
    I saw it about 15 years ago - have never seen it since...

    ReplyDelete
  4. M - You must have a really good memory mate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this really true? Do we spend two hours with making telephone calls?

    I would like to do something else in these two years of my life. I could better make travels and enjoying of many beautiful things but this is probably more expensive

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re; 'In Other News.'
    No!
    Hope that helps, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erik - You better start saving up for your next trip

    ReplyDelete
  8. It told me I should be a poet (glad somebody thinks so;)

    Hehe I always have a problem with blogger , it is particularly difficult to interact with your blog my friend as it has a lot of pictures and takes my computer a long time to load, I might have to start looking at it without the pictures although that would be a great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I am having the same trouble. I am gonna have to free up some space on the laptop me thinks x

    ReplyDelete