Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2008

INSPIRATION

Why is it that some days, I can have a day to myself without interruption, all the time in the world to write something down and I can't write anything? I always have ideas of topics in my head but some days they decide they'd like to make a home for themselves in there and stay a while. Other times (usually when I have other things I need to be doing) I have so much to say, I have to stop what I'm doing and write it down.

I'm noticing more and more when these moments of inspiration come to me and instead of trying to ignore them, I go with the flow. I've always written privately, usually rambling on and on to myself but this sharing thoughts is reasonably new to me and I must say, I'm really enjoying it.

Inspiration comes in many forms for me. I listen to music constantly, it's often easier to listen to the words from the head of someone else than those in my own.

There are many special people in my life who inspire me. Some are long gone but their words remain with me. Others have been through terrible loss and tragedy yet still remain strong.

I often wonder what makes a person strong. Is it in their genes or is it a
combination of this and life experiences? I used to think to myself when I was depressed. Why do you feel this way? You have a good life? People I care about have been through incapacitating injuries, homelessness, child abuse, death of a loved one and come out of it stronger than ever.

These things have never affected me yet looking back on the past there were some days when I couldn't bear to get out of bed in the morning, I would close my eyes and think, this is too hard, I just want it to end and find some peace.

Luckily, I found a wonderful therapist and he made me look at my life in a different way. The way I take on other people's problems and help them, which is easier than looking at my own experiences and dealing with them. Ah, he was a wise man...I used to want to slap him on a regular basis, LOL.

I've totally lost track of where I was going with this post but I kinda like the feeling. See, that is one of the things I struggle with when I write. I do so much editing at times because I want to be 100% happy with the result, that the post loses it's originality.

A good friend told me I should try writing and going with the flow and just tweak it at the end...if I must. I'm trying but I'll probably go back and spend another hour changing it. LMAO, What am I like?

I originally came here to thank my blog buddies. All of you inspire me in some way or another. Stories, pictures, laughter, poems, rambles and your comments often leave me in stitches.

Thanks for sharing and making my world a better place.

P.S. I checked my spelling but that was all. Step away from the computer Karen...NOW!

11 comments:

  1. blogging is about being yourself and going w the flow. no one can be perfect 100% of the time. try to write as the thoughts come, don't over analyze, and when the product is finished, then EDIT.

    as far as being busy when a thought hits, have you thought of maybe getting a tape recorder? you could get a small one that you could carry in a pocket.

    this post said a lot...thanks for sharing a piece of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy - will do. Am giggling now and I know you are going to think this naughty being religious and all. Every time I see your name now, I think - Oh, Missy is one of my followers. I have three now, nine more and I'll know how Jesus felt. I'm so sorry hun but I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciara - You hit the nail on the head there, I over analyze all the time.

    Getting a tape recorder is a great idea.

    Thanks for some great words of wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeh I often wonder how inspiration comes and goes.
    About being depressed I think that you have learned to work with you being sensitive and put it to your advantage. I've read a book the Highly sensitive person. I am one of them You might be too or maybe to some extend. You can check it out. http://www.hsperson.com/

    The book says that some people are just more aware and more sensitive than others. It's how you function. Some people are naturally less in touch with their emotions. Both type of people are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't check your spelling that well, KB. You missed one.9

    ReplyDelete
  6. M - I'm going to have to go back and find it - after I've finished my dinner. Paybacks a bitch :)

    Marja - I certainly am an overly sensitive soul. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I'm overly sensitive too. Always wondering what other people will think of anything I write. That's why I'm always so polite about things like............well, you know, really, don't you?
    Regards to lovely Coco. Ahhhhh! Just collapsed. Hee, hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspiration comes in many forms.

    You too have learnt much from your experinces, my guess is you have a lot of things you have had to deal with. Whether you have dealt with them in the right way doesn't matter. We all have our ways of sorting things out. You know only too well that we the regular readers of your rambles, love you dearly.
    Keep on doing what ya do girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. M - Fixed. Thanks!

    Dickie - This is you being polite? Your poor Mrs, how does she cope?

    Steve - I'll be needing those tissures back now.Thanks sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you've got the hang of 'going with the flow' now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's becoming an art form x

    Where ya been Toadee? Missed ya x

    ReplyDelete