Pages

Wednesday 17 September 2008

NATIONAL NUDE DAY

Friday 19th September, is NZ's National Nude Day. Don't worry folks, it's not an official holiday, it's brought to us by Sports Cafe.

Sports Cafe, is one of my favourite shows on telly. The programme was removed from air about three years ago. Mostly because of the antics of Marc Ellis,(I would imagine). With comments such as '... was sweating like a rapist', it's hardly surprising. The show returned to our screens a few months ago.

It's a live hour of general mayhem; including interviews with sports folk and a round up of the week's sporting highlights. Perfect for me because there aren't enough hours in the week to watch Rugby as it is, never mind all the other sport.

An unlikely crew host the show, an ex rugby union/league player, a World Sevens Rugby Captain, a former sports correspondent, a former Miss Universe (NZ) and of course, That Guy (yes, that's his name and I have no idea who he is) *giggles*.

I'm enjoying this season more than ever. Marc seems to have toned down a fraction. If you can call showing up for the show drunk one time, toning down. His comments have been tamer... 'He came up behind me and I wasn't sure if he wanted me to bend over or hug him.' Last week he managed to give out another hosts cell phone number on Live TV. He's kinda like a little boy who has never grown up. The way he behaves is so ridiculous, you can't help laughing.

Back to National Nude Day. Funnily enough - Marc's idea. It's held once a year, I think it began the year after the show started. The public send in videos of themselves doing ridiculous things in the nude. The best ones are shown each week and the winner will be announced oh the show. My favourite so far has been a man bending over, while another person parks the wheel of his bike up his bum crack. It doesn't sound funny but I had tears pouring down my cheeks.

What has surprised me, has been the amount of entries by women this year. Yikes, I've never seen so many boobies on TV.

Perhaps I'll leave it at that for now. National Nude Day, Boobs on Bikes Day...you guys will be thinking we're all a bunch of perverts over here. We have regular holidays too, honest!

I may post the winning entry at a later stage. Depends on how risque it is.

6 comments:

  1. A titalating experince I am sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I lived in NZ.....

    I'm already thinking of things I could do nude (and alone hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have Morgy's 'Naked Man' Award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot, woot! Will you be sharing this pic with us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry! didn't mean to give the blonde nightmares ;)

    ReplyDelete