Pages

Saturday 8 November 2008

FLASH 55 - A DOG'S LIFE



I watch her soundly sleeping. She wastes the day away. The hardest decision before her - should she chew her bone or play?

She enjoys simple pleasures. The fact her life will end some day a reality she never has to ponder.

I imagine trading places...the concept of butt sniffing snaps me back to reality.


Flash Fiction - Every Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss - If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

15 comments:

  1. haha @ butt sniffing...there's so much more dogs can do which i'm sure only men wish they could, but i won't go into that hehe funny 55, kb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thought you'd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I should know
    .......but not the butt sniffing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL its'a dog's life! Wonderful 55 it made me LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. but sniffing is much maligned, try it you might like it.

    I wonder why people say it's a dog's life when they mean it's bad?

    nice reflective piece you've written there Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Toadee's on to something...
    But a very sweet doggie tribute 55.
    Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a GREAT Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scoob got run over by a car last night, KB; I saw it happen right in front of my eyes.
    Heard the thump; it sounded like hitting a hessian sack of potatoes. Scoob disappeared under the car; all I could say was fuck; a split second later he reappeared (I was terrified he'd be all fucked up, broken legs and such). He leapt to his feet and took off towards home.
    I bolted aafter him (was a fair bit slower as you can imagine...) and reached the house to find him panting away.
    The only evidence that he was actually run over is a skinned "elbow" of his front right leg.
    Otherwise...if I hadn't seen it happen I'd doubt it did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve - Pass the Tuis.

    Ake - Thanks.

    Toadee and G - ewww :)

    Missy - Indeed

    ReplyDelete
  9. M - It would take a lot to keep old Scoob down. Glad he's OK. Give both the boys a huge hug from me please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed. That car was doing 60ks. It woulda killed many a man.

    Scoob the wonder dog!

    Scared the shee - ite outa me though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nah - dawdlin...then cockin his leg over a bush, then 10 seconds later it was all over.

    ReplyDelete