Pages

Saturday 13 December 2008

SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND

Seekers are offered clues all the time from the world of the spirit. Ordinary people call these clues coincidences.

-Deepak Chopra

Until recently, I had never been a big believer in coincidences. I tried an exercise I found in a book. The idea was to write down and pay attention to coincidences for a week. For example, receiving a brochure in the mail regarding a course you are interested in, hearing a stranger give advice about the exact problem that's been keeping you up nights. That sort of thing.

I was surprised to have quite a long list by the end of the week. Not only did I notice them but I took action regarding some of them too. Now I'm wondering if these clues have been around me previously and I've missed them because I wasn't paying attention. Or, are they showing up because I am searching for them?

Hmm, very interesting.

14 comments:

  1. Beauty and Philosophizing all in one talented package...That be YOU Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about paying attention to significance - coincidences are apparently a very common part of life.
    ` My RSS teacher said part of this has to do with the Reticular Activating System of your brain, which - I'm not sure if it's really true - bring to your attention anything that can help you to attain your goals.
    ` I guess that's what 'keeping aware' is all about.

    The great thing about coincidences is that they are largely based on the fact that you can mentally connect all manner of things, doesn't matter what they are.
    ` That's why we can invent so many different kinds of coincidences (ones having to do with numbers, ones having to do with types of events, solving problems etc) there's no limit to the number of topics that can be covered, and even cross over!

    I actually first noticed helpful opportunities when I was inducted into a Cult of Made-Up Quantum Physics, and I continue to recognize and utilize them. Thanks Cult of Made-Up Quantum Physics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on the right track, KB. Just quieten your mind sometimes and be open to 'receive'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happens sometimes aye!
    Like a song while shopping, a feeling of deja vu kinda of thing.

    it's a bit like now'''''''' at the beginning of summer we have rain and lots of it. Geez ya would think it was winter here.

    Still summer rain kinda has a special ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a coincedence that I wrote several times this week about coincedences as well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. SEE - How does someone so young become so wise?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're ready for the summer rain in NZ Mr Snake, it's pissing down at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to check them out Marja xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How strange that you should write this just when I was pondering the very question.

    I have found that my life seems happier when I listen to those inner promptings and coinciental cues

    ReplyDelete
  10. How does someone so young become so wise? Well, being sucked into a cult, and then learning about how I was fooled has opened my mind to the reality that being fooled is very easy and that there are many opportunities to be fooled.
    ` On the other hand, there are many opportunities to prevent yourself from being fooled - you just have to know the signs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comments x

    ReplyDelete