Pages

Thursday 22 January 2009

FLASH 55 - GUESS WHO...

A much anticipated introduction awaits her. Admiring her reflection, she idly twists a lock of her flowing hair as she recalls what she knows of him. A mere 26 years of age, he is the youngest of his eleven predecessors to become a Dr. Compassionate, brave, amusing, intelligent, two hearts harbouring an underlying sadness.


Introducing...













For those of you who are living on another planet...this is the new Dr Who. I can't wait to see him! Either I'm getting older faster or the good Dr gets younger everytime he regenerates. Here's hoping his really bad hair style regenerates before we see him back on telly, YIKES!


Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss - If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

23 comments:

  1. Very poetic words about Dr who Who?
    Yes I am from another planet. have heard about him but that's it. It's a nice planet though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent 55 Karen!!
    Dr. Who is around but not quite as popular as he is overseas.
    Thanks for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marja - Have to make allowances for you Cantabrians :)

    G - thanks G and thank you for your kinds words for me on your post this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know about dr. who..haven't really watched it though. it's on the sci fi channel here. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. i must be out of the dr. who loop cuz i have no clue,,,, but the one they have now is pretty hot looking who ever he is.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey KB-nice 55-haven't talked to you since Helium...I posted one after a long dry spell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh fantastic! I love Dr. Who but I'm not sure I'm going to like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. C - Give him a look, you'll be hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paisley - Thanks for stopping by. My favourite one so far is the one who is leaving *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Missy - Lots of hugs coming your way sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mike - Welcome back. Where have you been hiding? Will visit with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ake - I have the same feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As the token Englishman around here I thought I'd just mention that the New Who is eagerly awaited here especially by the younger generation who see him as one of them . As for me - bring back Jon Pertwee I say!(Is he still alive)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The 46 years of Dr Who started with William Hartnell followed by Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and soon - Matt Smith.

    What makes you think I'm a fan?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing better than having a Doctor in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one seems like James Bond! :D

    Great 55ve KB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome KB I guess I am going to have to give the Flash 55 a try again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Strange, when Dr Who was on his first 'identity' I was on my first identity too but how come he gets to be 26 again and I don't :(

    David Tennant (Billie Piper called him David Ten inch for some reason ) is very popular with the ladies so I'm sure there will be great sadness at his passing

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I was in the police at Hammersmith, Patrick Troughton came into the station to report an accident. Recognising him, my colleague Timber Woods, requested an oficer to come to the station office to take the details. He radioed in a very loud voice, "Come here to see Dr. Who. He's had a prang in his tardis." Quite forgetting that we just had placed a radio in the station office! One bemused Dr. Who!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cool story Dickie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great one! I guess its a little of both.....sadly!

    ReplyDelete