Pages

Monday 16 March 2009

A WOMAN SCORNED

I was going through some of my writing and found this one I wrote a few months ago. Must have forgotten to take my happy pill that day, hehe.



Loyalty, honesty, integrity,
qualities she holds dear.
Devoting herself to him,
intentions quite clear.

Intuition sends a warning,
quietly tucked away.
Bliss is all consuming,
she'll deal another day.

Cracks are appearing.
Where's the man she adores?
Riddles are unfolding,
2 and 2 finally become four.

She gave him the best of her.
Yet, he turned his back.
He made her the villain,
so others could attack.

Keep this in mind.
Choose your battles well.
For a woman who is scorned,
will see you rot in hell.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!
    Remind me to stay on your good side OK?

    You are so creative and brilliant Karen...Thanks for sharing.
    Galen

    ReplyDelete
  2. luckily you aren't on my 'to be scorned' list (well not after that you're not lol)

    I have devoted a great deal of energy to finding something scornful about you but I have failed so consider yourself unscorned.

    Aside from all that drivel,I loved the poem, very well written x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just remember that G. Thanks for the kind words.

    Toadee - Thanks wabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Powerful stuff", as my old English teacher used to say (I believe he still worked at KB's college when she went there). The poem says it all - be honest at all times, do not embellish the truth, and above all, recognize your inner voice. It is seldom wrong.
    Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise words from two of my favourite people xxx

    ReplyDelete