Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2009

JOIN ME IN A RAIN DANCE?

The area where I live isn't on the town water supply. All the water we use comes from the sky, onto our roof and through a filter system under the house.

Unfortunately, we haven't had much rain fall recently (very unusual for Auckland). We held G's Birthday Party last weekend and had many people staying with us. I thought it was time for me to check our water tank - not my favourite job. I donned wellies, a torch and tip toed under the house. Eew, cobwebs, spiders and I hate to think what else is under there.

Anyway, the tank is running very low. I need you all to stop what you are doing and perform a rain dance.

Thank you

*performs rain dance*

10 comments:

  1. It has been so long I forgot the steps and the order for the chants. Besides we sure don't need any more rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the rain dance. My hubby and I are thinking about visiting NZ, any suggestions or advice.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can look up rain dance on the 'net or maybe find a sample dance on YouTube. :-) Here's hoping you get the water you need. Too bad you can't squeeze some water from all of the watery photos. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr John - Send some rain my way please.

    Patti - email me and I can send you some details. My addy is on my profile page.

    2sweet - If only I could access the water from Watery Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jigging about as I type! Funny to be doing a rain dance here in the middle of the Arabian dessert!All the water here in Dubai is desalinated sea water and it tastes very odd indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate your effort Keith and I learned a new word today...desalinated. Sounds like they took all the spit out of the water *giggles*

    Hope you are taking lots of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have started work on a pipeline but as I'm working alone and buying the pieces out of my own pocket I might be a while getting to you. Hang on in there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toadee - Will you be bringing cake too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. there will be cake a plenty but by the time I get there it might be a little stale so I'll also bring plenty of red so that you don't notice the less than perfect cake

    ReplyDelete