Pages

Friday 24 April 2009

SKYWATCH AND FLASH FRIDAY

SKYWATCH FRIDAY - AUTUMN SKY





There is a link to Skywatch Friday on my sidebar. Feel free to visit :)




FLASH 55 - OLDER AND WISER?


Filling up on food and wine provides comfort during lonely nights. She's no longer twenty something, although she feels like that inside. Her mind is writing cheques her body can't cash. Every birthday she resolves to change, yet the years slip away. Will this year be different? She intends to stay a very long time.


Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss - If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.

Happy reading and writing!
Love
KB
xxx

21 comments:

  1. Very nice mix of colors and darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful sky. And I'm impressed with a story in 55 words. I can't even explain the weather in 55 words or less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time here..Like your Indian wolf parable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See a pink sky and you truly are looking at life through rose-coloured spectacles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your Flash thru G-Man. Had a go myself. A nicely done story. Those birthdays pass so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm there!!! The 55 this week is great. Yep, I've been there for many a birthdays, and keep on drinking and cashing checks. LOL. Well, you know what I mean.

    Mine is posted today [scroll below my Friday's Show n Tell] ---it's entitled "_ _ _ _ _ becomes you". Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be swinging by for a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Growing old is a pain even if you use more than 55 words. Great little story.
    Mine is ready for today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool. I'll head over for a visit shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great 55. They should just let us dragons eat old people.
    Our 55 is up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, if only some of could get wiser...BUDWISER...Hahahaha
    Excellent 55 Karen, I see you have some new readers.
    Thanks for joining the Friday Funfest..Have a Kick-Ass Week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's easy to let age creep up on you - one has to keep ahead of it! :)

    Great 55!

    ReplyDelete
  13. G - They have followed e from your place, hehe. I'll have a beer with you, it's my birthday.

    Ake - Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely sunset.
    I hope to catch some lovely sunsets
    In November when I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to see a fellow Kiwi stopping by. Come back any time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful sky - great colour

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ouch, to birthdays and age and if this 55 represents your birthday, have a good one and Happy Birthday.
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopefully both, but at least one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful clouds! Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete