Pages

Thursday 2 July 2009

FLASH 55 - TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE

KB's 55


Lazy or hardworking,
depends on the day.
Brave when it counts,
too timid to say.


Keeping secrets,
opening up.
Outwardly humorous,
tears inside well up.


Trusting and believing,
watching my back.
Unflappable in an emergency,
normality brings panic attack.


Aggressively protective,
meekly letting things slide.
Who will I be today...
Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde?


Hubby's 55

Conflicting emotions
Hidden, trapped for years
Surfacing unwanted, unbidden.
The Stranger within.

Jealousy, anger, frustration, regret.
Heated words, raised voices.
Illogical thoughts.
The Stranger within.

Self doubt, fear of the unknown.
Swirling, destructive negativity.
Rising ire.
The Stranger within.

Disenchanted loved ones, the consequence,
of faulty reasoning.
Loneliness the unavoidable result -
A Stranger without.

Flash Fiction - Each Friday, I compose a short story of 55 words - no more, no less. If you would like to join in the fun and games... post your story and report to the boss -

G-MAN If you're not interested in contributing a story, feel free to read the other entries. I'm sure any comments you have would be appreciated.


13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice...nice post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I preferred the first comment Nazish...it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lols....wonder that first comment would have made any sense!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of folks enjoy in this writing exercise..I read them, but have not participated- yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen...
    I really envy what you and your hubby have...

    I loved BOTH of your 55's.

    Sort of an 'inner struggle' theme going on for the both of you I see.
    Excellent writing going on in Kiwi Land.
    Thank you so much for adding a bit of brilliance and class, to 'our' little Friday Funfest...Galen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed both poems, but I especially liked the Dr. J & Mr. H. at the end of the first one.

    I wrote my first 55 today. Vome visit:
    http://proartz.blogspot.com/2009/07/chazs-big-surprise-friday-flash-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two excellent 55s. I sometimes wonder if I'm Jekyll or Hyde on any particular day - in a nice sort of way, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....two for the price of one. That's what I call a bargain.

    Great works, from both of you.

    Mine's posted

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great 55's by the both of you. I hope you have a great weekend. My 55 is up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You humans , both of you, so full of negative thoughts. How did we ever lose t6he dragon wars to you ?

    Two great 55's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's wonderful to see wife and husband doing something together. Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nazish - It didn't...that's why I liked it.

    Buff - I wish you would.

    Missy - I'll wait to hear from you in your own time. You and your son are in my thoughts.

    G - Thanks so much for stopping by and appreciating us.

    CJ - I will be by to visit you soon.

    Ant - I think many people do.

    Jadey - Thanks. Happy weekend to you too.

    Dragons - Pn my way soon.

    Dr John - I loved your husband and wife team story too.

    ReplyDelete