Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2009

WANAKA, NEW ZEALAND

Been back from hols for a week and been sick the whole time...arrggggg. Still not 100% and feeling like I need another holiday, LOL. Ouch, laughing hurts. Least I'm getting a lot of reading done. Here are some pics.

Also....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hubby and I travelled by medium sized plane...



and much smaller (shitting myself and the sign is not helping) little plane,






to Wananka



to visit our lovely Grace




and her boyfriend.




Our neighbours won a house a few months ago and we were happy to learn it was available to us during our stay.






We visited some wonderful places (more posts to come on that)and a great time was had by all.

This is where Grace works and she was our waitress for the evening. Yummy food!









This is where G and R live...beautiful view.




Food was great but I thought I'd give the pies a miss. Maori pronounciation of wh making this phrase sound like...Ki Fok A Pie.



Missy girl?




Old dolls at the toy museum...KB AFRAID, KB VERY AFRAID



Warbirds museum

13 comments:

  1. U've uploaded some beautiful pics...so u enjoyed a lot, thats great.

    The big doll was looking nice with her fingers in her mouth..lol!!!

    get well soon...n happy birthday to your daddy too...how old is he now??

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nazish. I have more pics from the doll place...so funny.

    I've never had such a bad flu. Hope I feel better soon too.

    Dad is 61 today.

    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do upload more pics...n take care of your health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on the next post now. Not much else to do when I'm stuck in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm...but when your not well, n work on comp.. u feel more stress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh KB I love Wanaka In winter it looks so pretty with all the snow on the mountains Must be amazing to fly over it.
    I know that place where she works
    And what is Missy hiding out there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marja - I thought of you as I flew over Chch.

    Missy's Place had the best food...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make delicious steaks and puddings.

    Those old dolls creep me out for sure. Too many horror movies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol..."mum"...how r u now??

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, they still put props on planes!

    I hope Grace got a massive tip.

    Beautiful pictures (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you get back to peak fitness ? get back to lol) very soon. In the mean time tell Grace you need much more waiting on

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nazish - Feeling much beter now.

    Toadee - I think her tip came to more than the meal :)

    ReplyDelete