Pages

Monday 4 January 2010

SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS - NEW LEAF

The beginning of a new year is often a time to decide to turn over a new leaf. Previously on New Year's Eve I would eat, drink and party too much. Wake up the next morning with my head in my hands saying never again. I would then proceed to make a list of goals and expect to achieve these milestones just because it was a brand new year. Sound familiar?

How things have changed. This year or should I say last year, I had a couple of glasses of wine and a few laughs with Steve and my family and was in bed by eleven. I woke up at 5.30am with a clear head, a smile on my face and a feeling that all was right in my world.

Most of the changes I made last year weren't resolutions I wrote down on paper, they were imaginings I had while I daydreamed. What I have learned is that turning over a new leaf isn't something which happens overnight. It's not about setting goals you have no idea how to reach. To me, it's about deciding and imagining the life you want to lead, the person you want to be and moving towards that reality. Some days I take a huge step and other days baby steps but it's all good. Also, I don't beat myself up if I don't reach a goal today - there's always tomorrow.

Happy daydreaming!

There's a link to SS on my sidebar - feel free to join in the fun and games.

11 comments:

  1. Make sure you reach your goals by autumn 'cos your new leaf will whither and die! I'm certain you will. Glad to hear you woke up with a smile on your face! Way ta' go Steve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith - I'm sure Steve will appreciate your comment *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swell! I think I see Whitesnake, too! Wishing you a great twennyten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year baby steps or not all good. With Steve on your side it will be funny anyway

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all good babe, a new leaf is always a refreshing change. We all could have, would have......... but now I wake up and look across at you and realise that dreams do come true........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray you have a fantastic year KB! And remember Day dreaming is where the ideas for all of our books come from...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do indeed see Whitesnake. Happy New Year to you too!

    Marja - Happy New Year. He is always making me laugh for sure.

    Whitesnake - I feel the same way!

    Patti - So good to see you back here. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well hello to all and happy new year - you both look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missy and Dee - We are very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year and I wish you a year in good health, many travels and all you want to do.

    I am still waiting to see you visiting Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erik - When are you coming to New Zealand? Happy New Year my friend.

    ReplyDelete