Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2010

UP YOUR SICKIE

QUOTE OF THE DAY

I like to work, but it's not always possible with my hectic sleep schedule.

-Anon

UP YOUR SICKIE


There's a debate going on in NZ at the moment as to whether public holidays which fall on a weekend should be reassigned to the following Monday instead. We have two holidays this year which many of the working population will miss out on as they fall on the weekend. The solution to this for many people is to call in sick or as we say in NZ - pull a sickie.

Australia is apparently having a similar problem . Today the country celebrates 'Australia Day' (bet it took ages to come up with that name). Yesterday, it was expected that over 500,000 Australians would pull a sickie to have a long weeked.

I reckon if the public holidays were changed to Mondays, many people would take the Friday off as well so I'm not sure changing the holidays would make much difference really. It doesn't matter either way in our household as Steve has to work public holidays anyway. Every time we hear about it on the news we turn to each other and say, "What the f##ck is a public holiday?" Hehe

Speaking of sickies...


This research was carried out by Viva entertainment channel to mark the launch of 'Up Your Sickie' day.

Top 20 list of those men most likely to call in sick:
1. Andy
2. Steve
3. Paul
4. John
5. Dave
6. Christopher
7. Adam
8. David
9. Mark
10. Richard
11. Tom
12. Ben
13. Ian
14. Alex
15. James
16. Alan
17. Simon
18. Dan
19. Michael
20. Daniel


Names of women most likely to call in sick:
1. Sarah
2. Becky
3. Anne
4. Emma
5. Debbie
6. Katie
7. Amy
8. Catherine
9. Jane
10. Nicola
11. Lisa
12. Julia
13. Linda
14. Anna
15. Michelle
16. Andrea
17. Louise
18. Samantha
19. Fiona
20. Lucy

I do believe I see your name up there Mr Snake!

Follow the link below for my contribution to this week's COT. I'll apologise in advance as it's naughty. Actually, I'll just blame Steve, he's a bad influence on me.

http://kbandwhitesnakeshome.blogspot.com/2010/01/carry-on-tuesday.html


8 comments:

  1. Can't afford ta be sick babe have ta keep up with our booze bill......LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "hectic sleep schedule"...lol!! Good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. our public holidays are moved to the following monday but because i work for the council I don't work on the 'official' holiday either (they take that out of my leave allowance)

    I note that I don't make the list but then I use so many aliases

    ReplyDelete
  4. Public holidays are called bank holidays here and they always fall on Mondays, but I guess you knew that already! And like Steve, I always work them - for double pay of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Richard...I will work when cornered...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been awarded another meaningless internet award. Check
    HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whitesnake - Is that why you work so many hours?

    Naz - I love that quote.

    Toadee - I remember those. Bank holidays right?

    Keith - I see you have answered the above question. Steve doesn't get double. Perhaps I should send him to work with you, hehe.

    Buff - I like the way you think.

    Fandango - Thank you lovely dragons.

    ReplyDelete