Pages

Sunday 9 May 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

MUM AND DAD





Today has been a strange day for me. This time last year, I was step-mother to two girls I adore and this year they don't want a thing to do with me. This doesn't change the fact that I love them to bits and I always will. I'll always consider myself their step-mother, regardless of their opinion of me. I had already come to terms with the fact that I wouldn't hear from them today and decided to turn my attention to my own Mother and enjoy the day.

Steve and I packed up the car with goodies and headed to my parent's home to prepare lunch. We had lots of yummy food, bubbly and pressies for Mum. A wonderful time was had by all and I haven't laughed so much in ages. Suggesting ideas for a new business venture for my Dad had me LOL. Somehow, I don't think Harry's Day Spa will ever see the light of day. Especially if he is going to charge me for using the tub, hehe!

So, Mum enjoyed being waited on, Dad enjoying his MacDonald's chips (which Steve picked up specially for him to eat BEFORE lunch) and we all enjoyed the laughs. After lunch, we returned home to our little dog Coco. I'll always be her Mum regardless of what I do. She loves me unconditionally and that's the way we should all love our Mums.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums out there but especially to mine - I couldn't have survived this last six months without her love and support.

Love ya Mum
XXX

7 comments:

  1. Mothers are special aren't they.
    Had a great time aye..
    Love you babe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you had a nice day What would we do without mums

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve - Loved spending it with you xxxx

    Marja - Hope you had a happy day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day and I hope you will have a nice day with your mother too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated happy mother's day to you Karen, you are a great mother because that's about how you feel not about how other people see you and i know you are full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! So, they have Mother's Day in... wherever you live, uhh... New Zealand, huh? Cool!

    Too bad about the step-kids, though....

    I didn't have a mother's day post, but I do have something I'm telling everyone...

    http://seequine.blogspot.com/2010/05/lucass-microsoft-commercial-official-hc.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erik - It was wonderful.

    Missy - Coco is the best child...EVER! Hehe.

    Toadee - Thanks, that means alot.

    SEE - Course they do, LOL. I'll swing by and check it out.

    ReplyDelete