Pages

Friday 4 June 2010

KB GETS MOVING

Whenever I feel like exercising, I lie down until the feeling passes.

- Robert Hutchins

I couldn't have said it better myself, Robert, hehe.

Actually, I'm doing ok with my exercise plan. I wore my pedometer for a few weeks to monitor how many steps I was doing. I was only shy of the 10,000 a day by around 3,000 steps, which works out to about a half an hour walk. Funnily enough, the instructions with the pedometer suggested that an average day plus a few extra steps here and there and a 30 minute walk, should do the trick. But of course, I wanted to try finding a way around it, LOL!

I was reading an interesting book about womens' health and it suggested looking at walking not as exercise, but as a chance to get out in the fresh air on your own to think and meditate on your life. Sounds much better than exercising. Changing my frame of mind about these things has helped me heaps. The funny thing is, once I get out there, I love it. Coco usually has me giggling about something within no time, I listen to embarrassing pop music (without fear of mockery from Mr Whitesnake), come up with writing ideas and inspiration for life in general.

Yesterday, I tried getting back into Yoga. Spent most of the time laughing or cursing under my breath. It's a little difficult to stretch and bend with a sore shoulder and a Coco Spaniel sticking her head in your face. I was surprised how much flexibility I have lost in the last couple of years. I used to do muscle strengthening exercises a couple of times a week at home or at the gym but it seems I'm getting a little stiff and worse for wear as I age. I've noticed quite a difference since I've turned 40. Perhaps I'll persevere with the yoga a bit longer before trying something else.

Everything is going well with me at the moment and I'm feeling happy, loved and motivated.

That's all for now folks.

Love KB
XXX



BOOKS READ LAST MONTH

Life Makeovers - Cheryl Richardson

6 comments:

  1. 10,000 steps?
    HA!
    come walk with me....lol
    love ya babe keep it up my darling........xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy - Coco was doing EXACTLY that. I'd sit up and there she'd be...in my face. I'd lie down and she'd be sitting on my mat. She's so funny.

    Whitesnake - I'd walk a thousand miles to be with you. Song!

    Thanks Harold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Go KB!

    I love walking for that reason, it's such a good opportunity to get out, listen to good music, and just think about stuff (plus if you're thinking about stuff other than walking it seems a lot less effort than it does otherwise!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking for your 55 Karen...

    I'm so thrilled by your happiness though that I'll let you slide this week..:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. DL - It's too cold for walking today, well, that's my excuse.

    G - I am totally out of 55 ideas at mo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have also been exercising, too many sore areas need them for other activities!!!!

    ReplyDelete