Pages

Sunday 1 August 2010

Writer's Island - Journey

Our prompt from Writer's Island this week is...Journey


We all have goals in life, some big, some small. Many people make a goal, reach it and move straight on to the next one without stopping to enjoy their success . Is it any wonder they remain unfulfilled?

An important lesson I have learned is to be grateful for what I have now. Even the little things...having hot running water for my shower (you probably know by now that I do some of my best writing in there, he he), going to bed on 'clean sheet day', the taste of chocolate, having a roof over my head, cuddles from Steve , family and friends who love me, sharing a banana with my dog.

One of my favourite sayings is 'life's not a dress rehearsal' but many of us act as if it were. Like an actress going through the motions, holding back for opening night. We only have one life, let's make the most of it. Take that extra few seconds to put on mascara, (I'm talking to the girls here) light the candles and set the table with the good china for dinner, wear perfume you love (girls again), phone that friend you've been meaning to catch up with, spend an evening reading in bed, indulge yourself with a wicked treat (whatever that may be).

Life is not about setting goals and reaching them, although this is important, life is in the little details. The story is the JOURNEY not the destination. Make your story a best seller.

11 comments:

  1. Good thoughtful advice and I agree that the details of the journey are far more important than any destination reached.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((Missy))) wise words, as always x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In life, there's only one destination. I'm in no hurry to reach it, so I enjoy the scenic route...

    ReplyDelete
  5. As and so wisely.....love you babe....as always you write so well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You echo my own philosophy for life. A thoughtful piece, and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm heading for the kitchen for that wicked treat, LOL. I agree that the little things can be more important than the big. I'm not a goal setter.. I just enjoy life as much as possible! Nicely written!

    ReplyDelete
  8. true,
    details, efforts, the journey of struggles and discoveries are most important part of life,

    very well put.

    ReplyDelete
  9. true,
    details, efforts, the journey of struggles and discoveries are most important part of life,

    very well put.

    ReplyDelete