Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

30 Days Of Me - Day 1

Today's challenge is to post a recent photo of me and list 15 interesting things you may not know about me. Well, the photo part is easy but things you don't know about me may be tricky, as I tell you nutters EVERYTHING.


1.  I lived 15 years of my life in Manchester, England.

2.  I am 1/4 Italian.

3. Try not to be too shocked by this next one - I am not a natural blonde.


4.  I played the role of Snow White in a production when I was 10. Scared me half to death when I had to kiss the boy who played the Prince. Put me off acting for life.

5.   I have earned money for my poetry, only a small amount so far but now I love to brag that I am a paid writer.

6.  When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a fireman.

7. I only ever won one academic prize while at school and it was for attendance, LOL!

8.   I have been on telly twice. Once in a news report at the Bank I worked in. I was asked to walk into the bank, approach the cashier and hand her some cash. I gathered my family around the telly to watch the
news segment and was very disappointed when they only showed my hand and the cash. The second time, I was taped laughing (what a surprise), for a training video. Much to my surprise, my laughing face was used on the opening for every training video throughout the whole bank for about five years.  I was temping for the bank at the time. Every time I went to a new branch for the first time, people would say...don't I know you from somewhere? Loved it really...my 15 mins of fame

9. For several years, I was on a team who set up and opened new branches for the bank. We would have celebrities open the branch and they would stay at the same Hotel as us. One year, John Walker (first human to run a mile in under 3.50) opened the branch for us. The next day, in front of heaps of people, he remembered me from the day before and sat next to me for breakfast. Lovely man, very quiet and softly spoken. What an honour. All I could think was...wait till I tell Dad, cause my Dad is a runner too.

10. I play on the fact I'm blonde (often) and have been known to use it to my advantage but I'm actually reasonably intelligent. Just keep that between us, OK.

11. I used to smoke. Gave up about ten years ago.

12. Two of my ex-boyfriends are now GAY. Watch out Whitesnake...

13. I can tell when I'm really stressed cause I become very OCD and start doing things in threes, eg putting things in dishwasher in lots of three. Just call me Count, hehe!

14. My favourite hobby when I was a child was horses. I would ride horses, read about horses, take pictures of horses, play horses in the school yard....you get the picture.

15 . I love Whitesnake..oh wait, you all knew that.

Love KB
xxx

If you want to join in the fun, the assignments are here... 30 days of Me

15 comments:

  1. I knew it
    I knew it
    I knew it
    I didn't know it
    I knew it
    I knew it
    I knew it
    I didn't know it
    I didn't know it
    I knew it
    I knew it
    YEAH RIGHT!
    I knew it
    I knew it
    OH really? Aww love you too babe
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's his loss sweetie.

    You learn something new everyday living with me babe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the mixture of an Italien a pommie, a bank star and a fake blond
    I know KB. That was very interesting dear to learn so much about you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marja - you know I'm a big sharer on my blog so it was hard for me to come up with 15 you might not know. Glad you learned something new about me. Hope things are settling down in CHCH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice. used to open branches as well...nice on the snow white as well...and yeah i knew that about whitesnake...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely picture.

    We have 3 things in common.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops. pretend i said Rabbit, rabbit. first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian - gigglin over your Whitesnake comment.

    Nessa - wonder what they are???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nessa - least I know it's not the last one we have in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can see the italian in your features. oh em gee! you're not a real blonde? no one ever 'turns' gay, but with like a lot of guys (mostly older ones), some carry on the pretense of being straight, because it's easier for them when dealing w others. so no, neither you nor missy, turned anyone gay. just wish they were more true to themselves and weren't deceitful. :o/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ciara - Nice to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh I was a total horse crazy girl too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. now we no ur not blonde so when u act blonde we really no the truth lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no, now you know my secrets :)

    ReplyDelete