Pages

Sunday 3 October 2010

30 Days Of Me - All Smiles, With A Little Help From My Friends

Day 3 - Share a picture of you and your friends.

Hmmm, this one really upset me at first. For those of you who don't know, I separated from my husband last year. I was having a look through my photos from when we were together and the images made my mind flashback to the times with friends we'd shared. Unfortunately, most of those friends have turned their back on me, which I guess means they weren't true friends to begin with.

Anyway, I shed a little tear and continued looking through my photos. I began to see a change in my face as I moved further away from those times. I'm not just smiling at the camera with a dead look in my eyes, I'm actually grinning from ear to ear. Then I thought about all the people who HAVE stood by me and those few who are gradually coming back into my life. I may not have photos of us together because I've either never met them in person or they have moved away but they are still very dear to me. Of course, my best friend of all is Whitesnake and he's been here for me every single day. So what if my closest friends are now my family, Internet buddies, people I haven't seen in years and my dog. This last year has shown me who my real friends are. They love me for being me, they love me unconditionally and who could wish for better friends than that.  




Mum and Dad


KB and Coco





View previous 30 Days Of Me   

I'm also adding this to Sunday Scribblings as the prompt is... Flashback.

Love KB
xxx

17 comments:

  1. I've noticed a change in you Karen, there used to be a restlessness about you which is gone now and that's good because it means you are content. That makes me happy for you : )

    I think there should be govenment grants available for friends that happen to live on different sides of the globe to meet up xx

    (I like it when you smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toadee - I am much more settled for sure. Jet setting around here there and everywhere wasn't really me. I'm glad I did it but I'd rather be home with Steve, Coco, a glass of wine and Food TV, LOL!

    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just found out how to stalk you KB. I'm a stalker, lol.
    Yes, you do seem more relaxed this you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winn - I am stalking you also :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about your separation. It can be really tough to look through all those old photos, but you did it and you didn't crumble into dust. Good for you.

    This seems to be a good prompt for you. A little introspection turned out to show you all that you have. And you have a lot!

    http://myscatteredstones.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunda-scribblings-235.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh sweet The most important thing is you are happy dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very happy sweet Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I'm so honoured to be your friend!! Thanks honey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely to see you smiling, your blog always makes me smile, you deserve to be happy :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on creating a better life for yourself. Old Grizz enjoyed your pictures especially the one of you and whitesnake but your dog looking up was awesome. nice post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well heres to a better future so that in the future, your flash backs are happy ones x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one of the best things about flashbacks, they help us see how far we have actually come.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really are a happy bunny now. Glad to see in one of your photos that you still have a glass of red wine as a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone.

    Missy - silly question really x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am now in a happy place, but i can relate to all you feel Karen, i too have gone through the same grief as you. You lose so many friends,m but u gain so many more, my family are my truest supporters,and i have made new friends thru my new friendship and relationship with Peter. I enjoy your blogs Karen, you are a true and geniune friend to all and you make Steve very happy. You enjoy your lives as i am trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear you are doing well. It gets a little easier every day and I'm very happy with Whitesnake. He's worth anything! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete