Pages

Friday 8 October 2010

KB's Briefs - Paul Henry, 4 Shots Of Gin and Going For Gold

News from NZ and around the world, through the eyes of a Krazy Blonde.

- Paul Henry has offended people.  Doesn't he always?  Paul Henry, is a news presenter on a Breakfast TV Show.  He's on suspension at the moment for making racist comments. I used to hate watching the news because I found it so depressing but now I watch it most mornings because of Paul Henry. I find his outlook on NZ and the rest of the world somewhere between hilarious and shocking. Sometimes he does go too far but don't we all? Haven't we all said something we regret later? I think Paul (at times) says things many of us think but wouldn't dare say out loud. He appears to speak without thinking of the consequences.



There's another story about him on telly this morning, he's in hot water for laughing at the pronunciation of  the name - Shelia Dikshit. I laughed when I heard the name. If my name was Dikshit, I'd think it was funny too. If you don't like Paul Henry and you find his comments offensive..turn the channel, turn off the telly, read a newspaper. He won't continue to be on TV if nobody is watching.

In life, people make comments which are of their opinion, everybody is entitled to their opinion, it doesn't mean we have to agree with it. It's just one person's opinion, it shouldn't give our whole country a bad rap. If someone makes a comment about your race, your age, the colour of your skin or your hair, it doesn't mean it's true. Why are you offended? Often people are offended by behaviours in others that they need to work on themselves. You don't have to take offence. Rise above it, be the better person. What you believe of yourself is what's important after all.

- NZ's Medal Count so far is 10, yay! That's pretty good for NZ.

- Stan and Gin won 4 awards each at the New Zealand Music Awards last night. Yay, my predictions were pretty good considering I hadn't heard of half of the nominees.



That's all from me folks!
Love KB

xxx

P.S. I have some pics to post later on in the day. See you then!

picture source

11 comments:

  1. In 4th line u said ,
    I think Paul says things many of us think but wouldn't dare say out loud.

    He also said that dick - shit is appropriate to Indians.
    that means u all so called kiwi ppl r racist and stupid.

    I used to respect Newzealand alot, but now i know that kiwis r racist tooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did say that but that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says.

    I did not say that I think dick shit is appropriate to Indians. I said I thought Dikshit was a funny name and I still do.

    I'm sorry you think Kiwi's are racist but you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine and Paul is to his.

    Thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What will young ppl of Newzealand think if they watch him????
    they will certainley follow him.
    In my country reporters dont even use words like dick,shit,fuck and all.

    To be honest your country does not have any class and respect.I agree
    that it is funny but only for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adult u r.
    Certainly an example to the younger ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Young people watch all kinds of things on TV, athletes winning medals, murder. It doesn't mean they will go out and commit murder or become a medal winning athlete. They will listen and watch and come to their own conclusions about the world.

    Reporters don't use those words in your country but you do here on my blog? This is a public blog (which youngsters could read) yet you repeat the words you have been so offended by plus the F word for all to see. Interesting.

    As I say in my post...

    Often people are offended by behaviours in others that they need to work on themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i used f word to describe what ur countrymen says everyday,every hour,
    even in national tv lol.

    I m sorry if i hurt u in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you must be watching different TV than me, LOL!

    I'm not hurt at all. I enjoy reading other people's comments and their opinions. Your view point made me think more about the way I saw the situation. The news segment I saw this morning apparently only showed half the story. I probably would have written differently if I'd seen more but I didn't and I write what comes at the time, with the information I have.



    I'm just sorry that so many people are offended by one man and think all Kiwis must be offensive because of what he said.

    NZ really is a wonderful place and we are not all swearing racists...although some are but I think that is true in many parts of the world.

    Come back any time and give me more headaches (feedback), LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My parents taught me never to argue with elders.
    This racist stuff made me do that.
    I m feeling ashamed i did that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all get fired up about things that are important to us. I'm sure your parents are vey proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The biggest racism comes against white people..... it's true. We laugh at ourselves we find humour in everything.and hence those outside our world find offence. Either that or there is nothing on TV.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole incident has taken on a life of it's own now :(

    ReplyDelete