Pages

Sunday 17 October 2010

Keeping Up With KB



Have had an interesting few days. Our laptop discovered she had a mind of her own and has been doing weird things. Fingers crossed all will be resolved by tomorrow so I can get back to my daily Internet fix.

An elderly lady has been calling our home phone, our conversation goes a little like this...

LADY - Hello Beryl

KB - Sorry you have the wrong number

LADY - Can you let George know I'm checking my address book.

KB (in a louder voice)- you have the wrong number

LADY - Repeats my phone number

KB (yelling) you have the wrong number

LADY - OK, get George to call me later.

We have had this conversation three times within the space of a few hours. Obviously, she is quite deaf and very confused. I'm trying to be patient as I know I could be like that one day but now I just giggle when she calls. Any ideas on what to do?

Caught up with my parents for coffee yesterday and they are both well. Dad gave me some DVDs of a trip we took together years ago to the UK and Disneyland. I asked Whitesnake if he'd mind watching with me because my ex was on there but he said it would be cool. It was fascinating to watch myself 12 years ago and we both noticed the early signs of all not being right with the relationship I was in. It was almost like I was two people, one laughing and enjoying time with my family and the other subdued and nervous. Very interesting. I'm so glad Dad gave me the discs as my Grandparents (who have since passed away) are on there and many of my relatives from England. I'll treasure them always. Coincidentally, the next post down is about my Gran.





Anyway,all is good here. I've had a busy day catching up on a few jobs around the house but now I'm all done, fish pie is in the oven (see my recipe for fish pie here) and it's almost time to pick Whitesnake up from work. Looking forward to spending a few days off together.

I was hoping to write a post about Coco but I have run out of time, maybe I'll get to it tomorrow.

See you then
Love KB
xxx

3 comments:

  1. When you look back on things it's oh so much clearer what was going on isn't it? :)

    It's lovely that you have your grandparents on DVD to watch - priceless.

    As for the 'wrong number lady' I think you're stuck with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KB: Love this blog! I found your site on Terresa's blog, The Chocolate Chip Waffle. I would like to follow, and I also invite you to follow mine. Thanks.

    The Disconnected Writer
    http://thedisconnectedwriter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ake - very true. We watched the second one last night...loved it!
    She has stopped calling, fingers crossed.

    JJ - I will be over for a visit shortly. Nice to meet you.

    Missy - YES! Love you too xx

    ReplyDelete