Pages

Thursday 18 November 2010

I Love My Blog



day 12- how you found out about blogger and why you have one



Me when I first started blogging  

I found out about blogger from my good friend, Missy. She started a blog a few years back and encouraged me to do the same. I was unsure of what I would write about in the beginning but once I started, there was no stopping me.

I started blogging to connect with others. I was feeling very lonely and lost at the time. I began writing about funny things that happened to me during the day and really enjoyed the way I could make others laugh through my writing. Missy also introduced me to Friday Flash 55 which encouraged me to write a short story each week of only 55 words. You can read my first 55 here. This took me on a different blogging journey, I would continue to write about my day but I used the 55 stories as a way of processing things that had happened to me in the past and putting them into a short story. Once I started opening up, I found I needed another outlet and this was the time I began writing poetry on my blog as well.

I love blogging, I can sit down at the computer (often with no idea of what I will write) and the words flow out of me. I'm often surprised when I read back what I've written because I hadn't realised I was feeling a certain way or I had anything to say.

I started blogging to connect with others but it actually took me on a journey of reconnection with myself.  A journey I am loving and will continue to blog about for many years to come.

Happy blogging
Love KB
xxx

The previous 30 days of me are here.

8 comments:

  1. KB: That's the secret. Writing is very individual. The writer reaps personal rewards that extend far beyond economic benefits. Writers find themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, apart from the sob part.

    Love ya
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my girl.....well done babe.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are glad you started and will continue to blog but in that picture it looks like ice cream eating not blogging. Have I been doing it wrong all this time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool story, bro!
    Following your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whitesnake - thanks babe xxxx

    Nessa - you should try eating icecream and blogging...double the fun.

    Lemmiwinks - last time I checked I was a sister not a bro, hehe.

    ReplyDelete