Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Sweet Surrender



Here's my contribution to One Shot Wednesday. If you have a poem you'd like to share, post it to your blog and leave your link over at One Shot.




The first time they talked,
her heart skipped a beat.
Something about him,
made her complete.



He belonged to another
but still wanted her.
Conflicting emotions,
her mind a blur.



She turned to another,
to dull the pain.
Her heart objected,
again and again.



She acknowledged her heart,
lost her fear.
Sweet surrender,
choices clear.



I wrote this poem after Whitesnake and I met, we were both in marriages with other people and it was a very confusing time. Every time I look at this photo (which was taken the first week we met face-to-face), I  see how we look like we belong together already.
Whitesnake's One Shot is here.

See you tomorrow
Love KB
xxx










16 comments:

  1. agh - a difficult situation - glad it turned out well for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice rhyming :) Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somethings are just meant to be. I'm so glad it worked out for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo says it all. Sometimes we just know where we belong, and we have to accept it and work for it if we ever want to be happy. Glad you two found each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i too am glad that you found each other and have made a great life through it all..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Similar to the underlying theme of my One Shout: Syncopation

    Good for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet tribute i see,nice photo indeed you really do match very well..happy it turned good for you ..wish you all the happiness.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The difficult situation. Emotion is unpredictable. an interesting poem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it all worked out in the end. Thanks for visiting everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I hear you, KB!! FELT this one.. and can very well relate to it!! Been there, done that! :)

    I am so happy for you, my dear...
    Listening to one's heart (sometimes) really goes a loooooooong way indeed :))
    My One Shot happens to be on somewhat similar lines as this poem.. hehehe...
    (sigh)..Love ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. youre......
    my friend
    my companion

    my friend
    my buddy
    through happy and sad

    beside me you stand
    beside me you walk
    your there to lisen
    your there to talk

    with happiness,
    with smiles,
    with pain and tears,
    i know youll be there , throughout the years!
    you are all good friends to me and im grateful to
    you send thisto all your good friends just to show themyou there friends.

    REMEMBER NO MAN OR WOMAN IS A FAILURE WHO HAS FRIENDS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the lovely comment Tarlz. Looking forward to becoming great friends.

    ReplyDelete