Pages

Monday 10 January 2011

Breakfast - The Most Important Meal Of The Day

30 days to a happier, healthier me - day 10




A coffee and a hash brown is my breakfast of choice. Is it any wonder that I find myself snacking on unhealthy treats later on in the day? A healthy breakfast will supply you with much needed vitamins, minerals and fibre and give you steady energy until lunchtime. Eating in the morning improves memory and concentration throughout the day. Many studies have shown that eating a healthy breakfast can actually help you lose weight as you are less likely to snack on unhealthy stuff later on. Sound familiar? I've tried many different cereals for my brekkie but now that I've started reading the food labels, I'm shocked at how much sugar and salt is in a product that is advertised as 'healthy'.


I was saying to Whitesnake the other day how I wanted to start my day with a better breakfast but I was confused about what I should eat. My Mum came over the next day with a stack of magazines and in there I came across a couple of weekly menu plans which include breakfasts....YAY! Funny how when you ask for something, the answer often falls right into your lap.

So, I have my recipes, my shopping list and a plan for the next week. I'm going to try a few of the breakfasts out and post the recipes for the ones I found yummy on our recipe site.

If you have any suggestions for a healthy breakfast....I'd love to hear them.

See you tomorrow.
Love KB
xxx

You can read more about 30 days to a happier, healthier me here.

4 comments:

  1. The whole key is lifestyle change, and I know you have been doing just that. Stick with it, keep improving, and you will find what is right for you. No one can give you the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugga..........No eggs and Bacon then......sigh! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for breakfast ideas, too. I know that I need to eat breakfast, but I have a hard time doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ - I will keep on keeping on.

    WS - if you cook it it's OK, LOL xxxx

    Mama - I am finding it difficult to eat a full breakfast but maybe my tummy will adjust to it.

    ReplyDelete