Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

One Shot - My Creativity



Here's my contribution to One Shot. An acrostic poem this week :)



M  y soul exposed
Y  our understanding

C  onstantly in my head
R  hythms and rhymes
E  xpressions of self
A  heart at peace
T  ime to dream
I   maginaton runs wild
V  isions on paper
I   nspiration
T  otal freedom
Y earnings met



Not much to report today. I just made myself a cup of coffee, sat down to check  my emails and then made myself another coffee without even realising I already had one waiting to be sipped. I think it's gonna be one of those days, hehe. Feeling a little nervous actually, going out with Whitesnake tonight to meet some of his work buddies. I love meeting new people but there's always that thought in the back of my mind...what happens if I have a panic attack and have to leave? What will they think? I know these thoughts can bring on anxiety and I'm working on retraining those thoughts. It's a hard habit to get out of after years of panic attacks but I'm getting better all the time.

Have a great day/night and I'll let you know how I get on  tomorrow.
Love KB
xxx


15 comments:

  1. i feel much the same as the ink flows from my pen...nice acrostic one shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, those days are just those days, aren't they? I have them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB - you are you- Lovable beautiful and real.
    Can't imagine anyone thinking differently

    Love from the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries. Nobody can write that acrostic poem and have a panic attack. It's a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun acrostic poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool acrostic, especially becasue the Y ends in yearning—very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice acrostic KB

    ReplyDelete
  8. An acrostic heart-filled with your direct experience. Good luck with your outing. I really believe you could harness this same kind of one pointed focus that you are able to draw upon in creative pursuits to relieve your anxiety attacks. I used to suffer from terrible panic attacks when I was young. What eventually helped me was mindfulness practice. Once I learned I could return to the moment at hand, just ONE breath, the ragged panicky breaths eased, the anxiety dissipated, I wasn't constantly chasing the "what ifs"...it doesn't always work, I still become fearful at times, but I recover much more quickly. It takes a lot of practice, self-compassion and patience but it really does work. (Not that you were asking for advice, and I'm sorry if this was presumptuous, I hope it helps though).

    gentle steps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi KB

    I liked this acrostic.. so much. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful thought and verse...


    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/03/whispers-love-and-insignificance.html
    Connect me at Twitter @VerseEveryDay

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think ya did just fine babe XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very effective acrostic! It ends as strongly as it opens. Thanks for sharing the gift of your creativity with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is a certain freedom to go anywhere with the creative process...and you have gone to a good place. Well done! Vb

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have just displayed the heart and soul of a writer, KB. I have confidence that not only will you have a wonderful time with Whitesnake and his friends, you will carry away inspiration for future rhythms and rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww.. don't we all have those days!
    A sweet and heartfelt acrostic... very nice!! Just goes to show how creative your mind can be even when it feels most uncreative...

    Cheers up, KB..
    You are as lovely as ever!!!

    xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. So the panic attacks become self fulfilling prophecies.

    ReplyDelete