Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Celebrating My Inner Geek






Today is Geek Pride Day. I used to be a geek at school. I wore huge National Health Specs, was always the last girl picked for sports teams and I could usually be found in the Music Department with my head stuck in a book. I was picked on at school by one girl in particular. I saw her a few years back when I was working at the Bank. She didn't recognise me. She had a bunch of kids hanging off her, she'd put on heaps of weight and looked like she was at least ten years older than me. Made me glad when I saw how she'd turned out that I hadn't been a 'popular kid'. I think I've turned out pretty well.

I've slowly grown out of my geek but I still hang out with my geeky self sometimes. I love to do puzzles, wear my much smaller glasses and watch episodes from my Buffy The Vampire Slayer Collection ( I have all seven seasons). Now I wear my geek with pride. How do you celebrate your inner geek?






Here's a list of the rights and responsibilities of being a geek:

Rights:

1.The right to be even geekier.
2.The right to not leave your house.
3.The right to not like football or any other sport.
4.The right to associate with other nerds.
5.The right to have few friends (or none at all).
6.The right to have as many geeky friends as you want.
7.The right to be out of style.
8.The right to be overweight and near-sighted.
9.The right to show off your geekiness.
10.The right to take over the world.

Responsibilities:

1.Be a geek, no matter what.
2.Try to be nerdier than anyone else.
3.If there is a discussion about something geeky, you must give your opinion.
4.To save and protect all geeky material.
5.Do everything you can to show off geeky stuff as a "museum of geekiness."
6.Don't be a generalized geek. You must specialize in something.
7.Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every geeky book before anyone else.
8.Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related T-shirt, all the better.
9.Don’t waste your time on anything not related to geekdom.
10.Try to take over the world!

See ya tommorrow
Love KB
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Good on you. We've got a few in our family as well. I am not clever enough for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a bat'leth...klingon sword...yeah i qualify...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even notice babe xxxx

    ReplyDelete