Pages

Thursday 2 June 2011

Spreading The Love



I'm a member of challenge.meyouthhealth.com. Each day I receive an email suggesting a way to improve my physical/mental health. I'd like to share today's challenge with you.



How To Do It

Take a moment to tell someone a positive thing about a friend, family member, or co-worker that you have in common. It can be an observation about a special skill that he or she possesses, a remark about why the person is important to you, or a sweet anecdote about a time you two spent together.

Why It Matters

Although gossip gets a bad rap, studies have shown that certain kinds of gossip can actually be good for us. It can be a powerful way of strengthening bonds between friends and colleagues, and studies show that positive gossipers tend to feel a boost in their own self-esteem when engaging in this type of talk.

Fun Fact

Shakespeare was the first to use the word "gossip" as a verb. Prior to that, gossip referred to a woman who attended the birth of a family member or neighbor. Because it was considered a social event, women would gather and chat about the latest news.

KB's Challenge

I decided to put a twist on it. I'm going to say something positive about everyone who leaves a comment on this post and invite you to share something positive about me or anyone else you know who has left a comment.     


See you tomorrow
Love KB
xxx

11 comments:

  1. If you can convince Whitesnake to gossip, I'll give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know JJ personally but by reading his blog I have learned, he's an excellent writer, likes to share his knowledge with othes, has a positive outlook on life and is a loving husband.

    JJ - I'm sure Whitesnake will have much to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If ever there was some one that was made especially for me ..it is you.
    You are loving, caring, understanding and have had a positive effect on my life, You are, for me the most beautiful woman in the world and a perfect wife.
    I love you with all my heart and soul.....XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. KB my New Zealand neighbour! From what I have read on your blog, the comments you have left on my blog & other bloggers posts,I have discovered that you are a caring, creative, supportive & kindhearted person. A person that loves furiously, especially when it comes to your husband, your family & friends & your beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now about JJ .. I love how JJ's writings challenge me to think. I am gobsmacked by how much he has achieved in his life thus far & am always humbled by his heartfelt comments on my posts. Through his sharing of thoughts & revelations of personal aspects of his life, I've discovered a very clever, well balanced,humble, grateful, supportive & loyal human being ... with a very big heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whitesnake.. I do not know you yet but knowing KB & how lovely she truly is.. I reckon you must be a stand up kinda guy & through reading your heartfelt words in your comment.. you are also a passionate man & that is a very good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My darling Whitesnake, when I met you, I found my missing piece. You make me feel complete. You are kind, generous, loving and make me laugh. I love the way I don't have to explain things to you, you understand me so well. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katherine - thanks so much for joining in my Australian friend. When I think of you, I think of how much you love your family and care about people in general. You are a very creative lady. I can tell from your thoughtful comments whenever you visit, that you have given my posts your full attention because you really care about what I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missy is more than a friend to me, she's like family. We've been through good and bad together. It's hard to comprehend that we've never met in person. She's loving, loyal, funny, a great poet and an amazing Mum. Love ya girl x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting. I never really thought of positive comments as being gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well if ya gonna gossip may as well ta a postive outta it ........xxxx

    ReplyDelete