Pages

Thursday 21 July 2011

Keeping Up With KB



It's a dark and rainy day outside, a perfect day to stay inside with my babe. We're having a relaxing day catching up with our blogging and watching TV.


Coco usually gets depressed when she can't go outside but she's quite happy today because she has a new chew toy to play with.




Whitesnake is happy because he is home with us and he has beer.






Since I've know Whitesnake, he's had several shift changes. For a while he was on earlys, he's been on a combination of earlys and nights, followed by early afternoon shifts. I felt like I was just getting used to this latest shift and now it's been changed again. I think I'm going to like these new shifts better but it still takes a bit of adjustment. Feel like I don't know if I'm coming or going this week and no idea what day it is half the time. One great advantage is he has an extra day at home during the week and we've been able to spend more quality time together rather than just plonking ourselves infront of the TV after work and vegging out.

He's been doing more cooking this week too. We had yummy home made pizzas last night and they were delish. We'll be sharing the recipe on our joint blog for Simply Delish on Saturday.


Our recipe on our joint blog today is...Cabbage Raita



Really looking forward to the weekend. It's my Dad's birthday and Whitesnake and I will be cooking up some of his favourite Chinese food.


Righto, that's all from me for today. Off to watch The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Widescreen Edition) with Whitesnake.



See you tomorrow for Friday Feel Good.

Love KB
xx

7 comments:

  1. My dh has a shift that puts him home around 3 am. I'd really rather he had a day shift, but this one suits him, so we all endure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...will you be posting recipes on that chinese? shift work is touch...did it for years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian - we'll be posting the pics and recipes next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice...relaxing time and happy birthday to your dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This one is fantastic. I am a new (and happy) follower.
    Alaskanbookcafe

    oh and the teaser you liked went with today's posts - a theme, trailer and interview with the authors. They are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you guys are having a great day!

    Shift work is a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do well with night work. But I wouldn't mind a day that starts a little later!

    ReplyDelete